Dr. Sowmya Punaji strives to make Legacy Dental Care visit the most comfortable experience you have had in a dental practice. One of the cornerstone of this comfort experience is providing a thorough and comprehensive initial consultation.
Since all patients and their dental needs are unique, we start with this comprehensive approach with all patients so we can formulate a tailored plan for you together with you. The typical initial visit consists of the following:
• Completion of new patient forms
• Review of primary dental concerns and past dental history
• Review of past medical history as certain health conditions have significant bearing on your dental care
• Digital X Rays of teeth obtained [as X Rays outside of six months are too old for treatment planning]
• Tooth by tooth examination with a small tooth brush sized video camera
• Oral cancer screening examination
• Periodontal examination for gum disease
• Discussion of dental needs and wants to create a directed plan to improve your dental health and smile
• The visit commonly takes 90 minutes
Many patients desire a dental cleaning at the time of their initial visit.
We try to provide this service whenever possible, however, some factors such as medical history or the nature of the cleaning that is required can prevent routine cleaning from being scheduled for the First visit.