Posts for tag: invisalign
What are the two most important components of a winning smile? A winning smile is both healthy and well-aligned. You really cannot have one without the other, and Invisalign clear aligners help teen and adult patients achieve both. Learn more about this unique orthodontic system and how you may benefit with Dr. Sowmya Punaji, your dentist at Legacy Dental Care in Woodbridge, VA.
Orthodontic problems are common
Overjet, bite issues, tooth tipping, gaps, crowding and more... they are something people of all ages struggle with. Adults and teens can straighten their teeth, says the American Association with Orthodontists with clear aligners from Invisalign, and in fact, these patients likely will enjoy easier and quicker smile makeovers using these invisible acrylic appliances.
What is Invisalign?
Used for more than two decades in the US and around the world, these custom-made aligners gradually shift teeth into positions are straighter, more efficient, healthier and better looking. Your dentist in Woodbridge Dr. Punaji uses Invisalign aligners with great success. After just about a year or so of wearing 18 to 30 invisible aligners, patients look great and anticipate years of vibrant oral health.
Dr. Punaji qualifies patients through oral exam and specialized 3-D scans. A treatment plan helps the Invisalign lab design and produce the aligner pairs which resemble thin teeth whitening trays. The aligners easily snap over the top and bottom teeth, are smooth and removable and achieve remarkable results without the irritations, nuisance hygiene routines and obvious appearance of metal braces.
Benefits of Invisalign
If you qualify for Invisalign, you'll enjoy:
- Easy oral hygiene (just take your aligners out and brush them with toothpaste and clear water)
- A treatment plan which leads you step by step to a better smile (just be sure to wear the aligners 20 to 22 hours per day and see Dr. Punaji as scheduled)
- Unrestricted diet (eat whatever healthy foods you enjoy)
- A straighter smile (wear your customized aligners as your dentist directs)
Ready for a great smile?
Then, you're ready for Invisalign invisible aligners. Please contact Legacy Dental Care to arrange your consultation with Dr. Sowmya Punaji to learn all the details. Call the office team at (703) 474-4490.
As an adult, you've made many important decisions--college, career, marriage, a home. However, you postponed your orthodontic treatment. You dislike the idea of wearing traditional braces. Is there a way to straighten your smile discreetly? At Legacy Dental Care in Woodbridge, VA, Dr. Sownya Punaji and her staff invite you to explore treatment with clear and comfortable Invisalign aligners.
One out of every five people undergoing orthodontic treatment is an adult. That's right...not the middle school or high school student, but someone well over 21 who never had the time, desire or resources to address problems such as:
- Tooth rotation or tipping
- Protruding front teeth
Yes, adults find conventional braces unsightly, expensive, time-consuming and lifestyle-limiting (there are many dietary restrictions and hygiene rules). While metal or ceramic braces are unavoidable for complex orthodontic problems. many older teens and adults with moderate issues can use comfortable, clear Invisalign aligners. There a great alternative to traditional appliances.
These ultra-thin aligners are crafted individually by Invisalign technicians. SmartTrack material, an innovative kind of BPA-free acrylic, guarantees durability and wearability, too. In other words, your aligners will move your teeth gradually and precisely into better positions while you enjoy your usual diet and brush and floss as you always have.
In all, you'll wear 18 to 30 Invisalign appliance pairs 20 to 22 hours a day. You'll visit Legacy Dental Care in Woodbridge, VA, every six weeks to receive the next sets of aligners in your personalized treatment plan and for a simple check on your progress.
Throughout the short nine to 18 month treatment, only you and your dentist will know you're an orthodontic patient. That's how discreet Invisalign aligners are.
How can you qualify for Invisalign?
Dr. Punaji will inspect your teeth and gums and take a special three-dimensional scan. With this information, she can tell if Invisalign will work for your smile and exactly how your case should proceed. After the lab fabricates your aligners, treatment begins.
Find out more
Invisalign aligners provide straight, healthy smiles for thousands of patients across the world every year. You could be one of them. To arrange a consultation with Dr. Punaji, please contact Legacy Dental Care for an orthodontic consultation: (703) 494-4490.
Are you interested in straightening your teeth but aren't sure if Invisalign is a good option for you? Our Woodbridge, VA, dentist, Dr. Sowmya Punaji, shares some information that may help you make a decision.
How does Invisalign work?
Invisalign improves your smile without metal wires or metal or ceramic brackets. The system uses removable aligner trays that resemble nightguards or mouthguards. When you visit our Woodbridge office, we'll create a 3D image of your mouth with X-rays, digital photographs and impressions. Using the 3D image as a guide, Dr. Punaji will design a series of aligner trays that will gradually shift and re-align your teeth.
What are the benefits of Invisalign?
Invisalign offers several important benefits including:
- No Metal Mouth: Because the Invisalign aligner trays are clear, it will be very hard for anyone to tell that you're improving your smile.
- Straighter Teeth: Invisalign is very effective in treating all of the same issues that are corrected using traditional braces. If you have a crowding or spacing problem, overbite, underbite, crossbite or open bite, you're a good candidate for Invisalign. Severe orthodontic problems may still require traditional orthodontic treatment.
- Shorter Treatment Time for Adults: If you're an adult, you may only need to wear your aligner trays for a year or less.
- Removability: Your aligners can be taken out for short periods of time. If you play a sport or plan to attend a special event, you can remove the aligners and pop them back in your mouth when the event or game ends. Although removing the trays periodically isn't a problem, you'll want to wear your trays for 20 to 22 hours most days.
- No Change to Your Diet: You won't have to give up the foods you like simply because you're straightening your teeth. Because you'll remove your aligners before every meal, you won't have any food restrictions.
- Simple Oral Hygiene Routine: People who wear braces must devote extra time to removing food from their brackets and wires. Luckily, your oral hygiene routine won't change. After you take out and rinse your trays, you'll brush and floss your teeth, then reinsert your aligners.
Would you like to find out if Invisalign is a good orthodontic choice for you? Call our Woodbridge, VA, dentist Dr. Sowmya Punaji at (703) 494-4490 to schedule an appointment.